*** Please see important note about cookie control. ***
Who We Are
What Is The Purpose of This Policy?
To let our customers and website visitors know the following:
- What personal data we collect when you visit our website
- How we use your personal data
- How we make sure your privacy is maintained
- Your legal rights regarding data collection, storage and deletion
- What cookies are, what cookies we use and what options you have to allow or disallow cookies on our website
What Is Personal Data?
Personal data is anything that discloses your identity; that is unique to you.
For a more detailed breakdown of what constitutes personal data, please visit this page:https://eugdprcompliant.com
What Personal Data Do We Collect?
We collect personal data if you fill out a contact form, newsletter subscription form, or email us directly. Some plugins used on the site automatically collect data which is classified in the GDPR as ‘Personal Data’. Please click here for more info.
Personal Data – Contact Forms and Email
Personal data we collect from direct emails or from our contact forms may include the following:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Business Name
- Website URL
Personal Data – Mailing List Subscribers
If you subscribe to our mailing list you are granting us permission to contact you via email with news and promotions regarding our business. We use Mailchimp as our email marketing platform so when you choose to subscribe you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing. Learn more about Mailchimp’s privacy practices here.
Personal Data – Cookies, Analytics and Plugins
Some plugins such as social media plugins, performance plugins (e.g. caching engines), and Google Analytics collect data via automated methods.
The data collected by these plugins may include:
- Your IP address (An IP address is a number that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet).
- Browser type
- Search engine used (if applicable)
- System type (type of computer or device)
- The content and pages that you access on our website
- The frequency and duration of your visits to our website
- The “referring URL” (i.e., the page from which you navigated to our website)
- Cookie information
The GDPR states that IP addresses should be considered personal data as they enter the scope of ‘online identifiers’.
The information collected in this automated manner can be used to:
- Speed up performance and improve user experience
- Analyse your use of our website
- Allow users to like and share content on social media
- Analyse our website’s performance
Personal Data – WooCommerce
This website uses the WooCommerce platform to display our hire products. If you request a quotation on the website, some or all of the following information related to you and your event will be stored in the website’s database:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Products requested for quotiation
- IP Address (the numerical online address of your computer or device)
- Customer Billing Address
- Event Address
- Email Address
- Phone Number
Please note we do not store any payment details on our database as our use of Woocommerce is purely for displaying our products to provide you with a quotation – we do not take any payments through the website.
How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
We use the information you give us to contact you directly regarding your enquiry or about any genuine offers we have relating to our business or important news or information. Other data collected is used to analyse our website’s performance and improve your user experience.
Do We Share Your Data With Third Parties?
The short answer is yes.
Technically some of what the GDPR classifies as personal data collected by us is shared with third parties in conjunction with our website analytics and our website’s functionality.
Please see our note in Personal Data – Cookies, Analytics and Plugins about how IP addresses (classed by the GDPR as personal data) may be automatically collected and used by third party plugins on this website.
We do not share your details with third parties for any purpose other than to provide you with direct marketing from us, to understand how you are using our website and to improve your user experience.
We will never sell your data to any marketing companies.
Data Security – Protecting Your Privacy
We protect personal data with appropriate security.
- All of our data stored on computers is protected by technical security such as firewalls, anti-virus software and passwords.
- We understand the importance of data security and what procedures should be followed in case of a data security breach.
- Our website has an SSL certificate and powerful security software to protect and secure your connection.
- Our email clients are configured to use secure email connections.
Security Breaches – Our Security Procedure
- Under GDPR law, if personal data has been put at risk we are required to report the breach to the Information Commissioners Office within 72 hours.
- Certain types of data breach do not need to be reported if they are considered harmless and poses no risk to individual data.
- If a breach is considered high-risk, we will inform all individuals who are impacted right away. We will do this via direct email or telephone depending on your contact preferences.
Your Legal Rights Regarding Data Collection, Storage and Deletion
The GDPR includes the following rights for individuals or ‘data subjects’:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling
Requests for Amendments, Copies or Deletion
If you would like us to update or delete any details we hold about you, or would like a copy of your personal data, simply send a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with the GDPR, any requests for amendments, deletion or copies of data will be fulfilled within 30 days (though usually much quicker).
Links to Other Web Sites
Cookies are small text files that a website stores on a visitor’s computer, mobile phone or networked device. Each time the visitor returns to a website, the browser provides the site with a string of information stored in the cookie. For security reasons, websites can only access cookies they have created, not cookies from other sites.
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the products and services you need)
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below.
Here are the cookie categories which this website may use:
Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
Preference cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in.
Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
How to Block Cookies Using Your Internet Browser
Click on a browser icon below for instructions on how to change its cookie settings:
Now that you have all the information you need to manage and delete cookies in your chosen browser, you can go forth and surf in the pleasure of knowing you have full control.
If you have any questions or concerns about your privacy or any of the settings on this website, please contact us at any time.